Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Best Songs Ever #1

In addition to this blog, I write on The Hadal Zone which concentrates on finding and posting forgotten albums that everyone should hear. I have decided to present to you some of the best songs ever, regardless of their obscurity or pervasiveness.

My first choice is the song Hallogallo by the orginators of krautrock, Neu!. I have been into krautrock for a while now and would probably list Can as one of my top ten favorite bands, but I just listened to Neu!'s self titled for the first time a couple weeks ago and this song is just too much. It is the prototypical krautrock track. Paradigm of hipster taste Pitchfork Media described the song as " a masterpiece of rhythm: tight drums, funky guitar scratch, a coolly insistent bassline, futuro synths, and effects-laden guitar slinging wide acid-fried launches into deep space."


Download it at an appropriate quality 320 Kbps Here.

No comments: